Live Projects give the students to work in real business environments and get a touch and feel of the sports industry.Internships would be at companies like ESPN, Star Sports, Radio One, Procam for 10 K runs in various cities, Game plan, the administrative support company of KKR, Bengaluru FC, JSW Sports Foundation, Prakash Padukone Sports Management, Mahesh Bhupathi's Globosport, IMG, Pro Boxing League, Adidas, Puma, Proline etc
Our students are currently interning with Puma, Bengaluru FC in the ISL, Prakash Padukone Sports Management and JSW Sports Foundation at Bellary. They already have some pre placement offers from these places.
And also, our students have confirmed Internship offers from Adidas, ESPN, Star Sports, Globosport, Procam, Proline etc.
We believe that learning doesn’t end in the classroom, we will send our students on internships to get real time, hands on, on the job experience at Sports Management Firms, Sports Bodies and at Major Tournaments and Leagues. This helps them to imbibe industry experience and make new connections that would help them to find a place for themselves in this world subsequently. All this while pursuing their studies at SDMIMD.
In a nutshell Internships promote experiential, learning and career Management. In addition, our students would learn to:
- Explore a career.
- Learn by doing and gain practical real world work experience beyond the classroom, while still at school.
- Network with the best in the Industry
- Acquire knowledge, skills and sensitivities needed for viewing complex work issues from various perspectives through a lens of their own understanding and experiences
- Earn academic and project presentation credits for their Diploma
Till date, we have an in principle acceptance of Internshipsfrom the following:
Professional Sports Leagues:
- Pro Basketball League to be held in Feb 2018 (Subject to final confirmation).
- Pro Kabaddi Leagueof July- Aug 2017 (subject to final confirmation).
- From the Pro Wrestling League of Jan 2018 (subject to final confirmation)
- From the Cycling Federation of India for their National Event of 2017 (subject to final confirmation)
- From the President, Pro Boxing Council assuring us of year round internships at their events in different cities.
- Tentatively, from the Mysore franchisee in Karnataka Premier League (subject to final confirmation)
- Goa FC in the ISL(subject to final confirmation)
- COO Bengaluru FC in the I League
Sports Management Companies/ Groups:
- CEO JSW SPORT, the Jindal Sport Foundation, is an elite sports Excellence Programme for aspiring Olympic Level Athletes.
- Sports Management Company Gameplan, that is associated with the Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL
- From the Sports Management Company Procam, that does the 10 K runs in various Indian Cities, in addition to other sports events.\
- From Added Sport, another Sports Management company
- Mr. Mahesh Bhupathi’s Company, Globosport, has already written to us asking us to send our graduates for placement consideration.
Sports Equipment and Apparel Companies:
- Sports Equipment and Apparel Company Adidas, has in principle, agreed for provision of internships.
- As has sports apparel company Proline.
Media and Journalism:
- The Hindustan Times at Delhi, has similarly assured us of internships with their sports journalists (subject to final confirmation).