Since we believe that learning doesn’t end in the classroom, we will send our students on internships to get real time, hands on, on the job experience at Sports Management Firms, Sports Bodies and at Major Tournaments and Leagues. They would imbibe industry experience and make new connections that would help them to find a place for themselves in this world subsequently. And all that while they are still studying.
In a Nutshell therefore, through Internships that promote Experiential Learning and Career Management, our students would learn to:
- Explore a career
- Learn by doing and gain practical real world work experience beyond the classroom, while still at School.
- Network with the Best in the Industry
- Acquire knowledge, skills and sensitivities needed for viewing complex work issues from multiple perspectives, through their own understanding and experiences
- Earn academic and project presentation credits for their Diploma
Till date, we have an in principle acceptance of Internshipsfrom the following:
In Professional Sports Leagues:
- From the Pro Basketball League to be held in Feb 2018
(Subject to final confirmation).
- From the Pro Kabaddi Leagueof July- Aug 2017 (subject to final confirmation).
- From the Pro Wrestling League of Jan 2018 (subject to final confirmation)
- From the Cycling Federation of India for their National Event of 2017 (subject to final confirmation)
- From the President, Pro Boxing Council assuring us of year round internships at their events in different cities.
- Tentatively, from the Mysore franchisee in Karnataka Premier League (subject to final confirmation)
From Professional Clubs:
- From Goa FC in the ISL(subject to final confirmation)
- From the COO Bengaluru FC in the I League
From Sports Management Companies/ Groups:
- From the CEO JSW SPORT, the Jindal Sport Foundation, in an elite sports Excellence Programme for aspiring Olympic Level Athletes.
- From Sports Management CompanyGameplan, that is associated withthe Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL
- From the Sports Management Company Procam, that does the 10 K runs in various Indian Cities, in addition to other sports events.
- From Added Sport, another Sports Management company
- Mr. Mahesh Bhupathi’s Company,Globosport, has already written to us asking us to send our graduates for placement consideration.
From Sports Equipment and Apparel Companies:
- Sports Equipment and Apparel Company Adidas,has in principle, agreed for provision of internships.
- As has sports apparel company Proline.
In Media and Journalism:
- The Hindustan Times at Delhi, has similarly assured us of internships with their sports journalists (subject to final confirmation).